It was a huge honour to be elected Chair of the Forum this month. I really look forward to working with the Core Group to clarify our vision and action-plan for the year ahead soon.
Our Cup of Tea
- Interfaith Week 2016 — Interfaith Week is from Sunday 13th to Sunday 20th November 2016. It is an opportunity for us to strengthen good Interfaith relations, increase awareness of the different and distinct faith communities in Waltham Forest, to celebrate and build on the contribution which members of these communities make to our society. “Inter faith understanding and cooperation are [...]
- Hate Crime Awareness Week — National Hate Crime Awareness week is 8th – 15th October 2016. The aim of the week is to raise awareness of hate crime, to encourage reporting, to promote local support services and look at ways we can all work together to prevent hate crime. Events to be confirmed. [...]
- Walthamstow Together — The Faith Forum joined together with Amnesty International, Stand up to Racism and Walthamstow Migrants Action Group on Sunday 4th September to unite against Racism and Xenophobia and show a commitment to welcome refugees in Waltham Forest. All enjoyed an afternoon of speeches and entertainment. Our Chair Canon Steven Saxby lead a few minutes silence [...]
- Waltham Forest Faith Fayre 2016 — Waltham Forest Faith Communities came together for our annual Faith Fayre on Saturday 13th August. The theme for this years event was Building Bridges. We had stalls in Walthamstow Market Square by representatives of the Seventh Day Adventist Church, Hare Krishna Temple, the Roman Catholic Community, Sai Organisation, Hindu, Baha’i, Buddhist, the Muslim Community, Pentecostal [...]
- Waltham Forest Iftar 2016 — Iftar, the evening meal to break the fast during Ramadan, brought together representatives of the many different faiths in the borough on the 29th June, for an evening of speeches, prayer and a meal at Waltham Forest Town Hall. The Mayor Cllr Peter Herrington opened the event with a reminder that his theme for this year is based [...]